Google Custom Search
Advanced Search
Frequently Asked Questions

Is my Boating Certification good/valid in other states?

YES. The Certification courses listed are 8-hours in length, have a proctored exam and are taught using materials approved by NASBLA- National Association of State Boating Law Administrators. Some states do require that residents of the state apply for an in-state Boating License or Certificate if you reside in that state, but if you are visiting from your home state you should be fine. It's always best to check with the state you are visiting to be certain and be sure to carry your certification card.

I lost my safety certification card, how do I get a replacement?

If you completed the NYS courses you can request a replacement certificate by filling out this form: [click here to get the form] and mail to the address listed on the form. Be sure to enclose your check when mailing.

Temporary certificates cannot be replaced.

What if I fail the test?

Less than 1 out of every 400 students don't fare well on the exam. We cover so much more during the 8-hour course than is required to pass the test. But, if you fail the multiple choice exam our retest policy is simple. Go home, study the book you've been given at class and come back to be retested at any regularly scheduled class. There's no charge for retesting and you do not need to retake the course (unless you want to), just retake the test after you've had some time to study. The initial test and the retest are usually the same multiple choice exam. Sometimes class locations become full to capacity so please contact us to arrange a retest.